Five Avenues of Service
Based on the Object of Rotary, the Five Avenues of Service are Rotary's philosophical cornerstone and the foundation on which club activity is based:
• Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the smooth functioning of the club.
• Vocational Service involves club members serving others through their professions and aspiring to high ethical standards.
• Community Service is the opportunity Rotary clubs have to implement club projects and activities that improve life in the local community.
• International Service encompasses efforts to expand Rotary’s humanitarian reach around the world and to promote world understanding and peace.
• New Generations recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults involved in leadership development activities, community and international service projects, and exchange programs that enrich and foster world peace and cultural understanding.